If you don't see the session you require please phone to check availability
- Safe and secure play area with benches.
- Undercover work/lunch area and toilet facilities.
- Woodland area for leaf collecting and den building.
- Adventure playground with swings, sandpits and ball games pitch.
-Petting area for encounters with our smaller animals: Guinea pigs, Rabbits, Chicks and Ducklings!
- Snack shack for a range of hot drinks and snacks.
- Pony rides available at an additional cost (£2.50)
- Adequate parking for cars and minibuses.
- Inspected by Uttlesford District Council.
- £5 Million Public Liability Insurance
Some activities may differ due to Covid-19
MONDAY: OPEN 9 AM-3PM
TUESDAY: OPEN 9 AM-3PM
THURSDAY: OPEN 9 AM-3PM
FRIDAY: OPEN 9AM-3PM
SATURDAY: OPEN 9 AM-4PM
PRIVATE VISITS TO THE FARM BY NURSERIES, SCHOOLS, BEAVERS, BROWNIES ETC. CAN BE ARRANGED BY CONTACTING US VIA EMAIL, PHONE OR FACEBOOK.
ENTRY FOR ALL DAYS; £5 PER PERSON.
Open via bookings
Daisy mays farm is a working and community farm based in the village of Elsenham, Essex. founded in 2011 and run solely by volunteers, as a not for profit organisation, we actively raise funds by opening our gates each week to enable visitors to come and join us and enjoy our animals.
With a range of animals and our own breeding programme, there is always something for you and your family to enjoy. We encourage hands-on time for everybody and provide the following experiences: *Collecting the eggs, *Feeding and handling farm animals, *Bottle feeding the lambs (seasonal), *Holding chicks, * Milking the goat, * Pony rides (weekends and school holidays only)
Our farm is set in almost 20 acres of pasture and woodland, we are very lucky to have an idyllic setting to continue our farming adventure. The perfect opportunity to bring a picnic and enjoy the surroundings. Why not enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake from the snack shack, whilst watching your children spend time in our secure play area.
In addition to our open days, we also provide work experience and placements to students on animal care courses, secondary schools, people with learning difficulties and disabilities throughout Uttlesford and East Herts. As well as all those other people in our local community, that want to be part of something important and to spend time in the outdoors.
Could you help us on the farm?
We are always in need of the following:
- Help cleaning out and handling the small animals
- People to assist with the horses
- Assistance with grass cutting, strimming and weed spraying
-Green fingered help with planting bulbs, containers & watering in the warm weather
- Volunteers to help out in the snack shack
- Additional people during fund raising events
- someone handy to help us with maintenance
- Help with fund raising and grants
- Admin assistance to promote our farm by distributing posters and using social media
If you have some spare time on your hands and would like to get involved, please give us a shout!